- Checks should be mailed to: Triangle Land Conservancy, P.O. Box 1848, Durham, NC 27702.
- TLC’s Tax Identification Number: 58-1514406
- Gifts can be given online .
- Donor Advised Funds gifts can be mailed to the address above. If you are giving near year end, you will want to initiate gifts in November if you want TLC to receive your gift by year-end. Because donors have already received the tax benefit for these funds, we encourage you to give generously to all charities from them.
- If you are 70½ and older, charitable gifts from your IRA may be advisable. Congress allows individuals to give up to $100,000 from their required distributions tax-free to charity. Charitable IRA gifts bypass taxes and also count toward your minimum required distribution.
- Giving stock or securities with increased value may provide greater tax savings than cash. Here’s the information you need to give stocks or securities to TLC.
- Gifts through wills, trusts, insurance policies, retirement plans, and other long-range financial plans all are ways to support your charitable interests, including TLC. We’ve partnered with FreeWill to make planned giving easier than ever and completely free. Visit FreeWill.com/TriangleLand to get started today. If you would like to set up a time to discuss other planned giving options, please contact Christine Wilson, Director of Advancement.
- Gifts of land create a permanent natural legacy. Learn more about Land Conservation Options on our website.
- Don’t forget “matching gifts” from your employer, which can double and in some cases, triples the value of your gift.
- Additional ways to support TLC include: signing up as a TLC Steward, or monthly donor, gifting a TLC membership to the land-lover in your life, or you can check out our Other Ways to Give page for more options.
- Ask your financial advisors which methods of giving are best for you.
Your support sets the pace for land conservation across our region. Many important landscapes are on the line, and development in the Triangle is quickening. By prioritizing a gift to TLC, you demonstrate the importance of preserving open space, safeguarding access to clean drinking water, conserving family farms, and stewardship of wild places for recreation and contemplation. Your gift is a gift to the community. Thank you for generously supporting the protection of our natural resources in the places you love today and for future generations.
If you need assistance or have questions about your gift, please contact Casey Therrien, Associate Director of Philanthropy, at (919) 908-0050 or via email.