We’ve made it easy to initiate your grant recommendation
Clients of Fidelity Charitable, Schwab Charitable, and BNY Mellon can easily recommend a grant through the DAF Direct tool below. Our Federal EIN is #58-1514406.
How do donor-advised funds work?
DAFs can be established through financial services companies, community foundations, and other entities. These include Vanguard, Fidelity, Raymond James, Schwab Charitable, and Triangle Community Foundation. Not everyone will have their DAFs through these entities. For information on how to establish a DAF, contact your community foundation or financial advisor.
What is a donor-advised fund (DAF)?
A donor-advised fund (DAF) is a philanthropic giving vehicle like a charitable savings account. Through a DAF, you can make a charitable contribution to TLC and other charities of your choice, receive an immediate tax deduction, and then recommend grants from the fund over time.
Why are donor-advised funds used?
- Easy to turn your portfolio into an impactful gift to ensure a future where everyone has access to open space and nature in the Triangle.
- Eliminates capital gains on donated stock. Giving accounts have the potential to grow, possibly providing adding funding when you are ready to make a gift.
- You can make recurring gifts with ease, helping us accelerate land conservation and care for the land we have protected and treasure as a community.
- You can quickly put your charitable dollars into action to usher conservation projects through to permanent protection.
*Please request for your name and address to be included. We recommend you contact our Philanthropy Department to inform us of your gift, so we can thank you for your generosity.
What are other ways I can support TLC?
Aside from recommending a grant through donor-advised funds, there are many other ways to give to TLC:
- Donate directly from an Individual Retirement Account (IRA) with Qualified Charitable Distributions (QCD).
- Learn how to include TLC in your will, estate plans, or give other planned gifts.
- Donate appreciated stock and securities.
Contact Christine Wilson, TLC’s Director of Advancement with any questions you may have by email or call 919-908-0059.