Join the Chatham Conservation Partnership for its 10 year anniversary celebration July 20th at 6 p.m. at the Chatham County Agricultural and Conference Center! Seven speakers will be presenting the Greatest Hits of the CCP with short, engaging talks on topics ranging from fish, amphibians, reptiles, to geology, conservation and pollinators, all topics drawn from the Partnership’s 10 year history.
Bill Homan, Pittsboro resident and North Carolina state director of The Conservation Fund, will present the keynote address, providing a summation of the past 10 years of the Partnership’s work and a look into what the future of conservation may be for our state and for Chatham County.
Other presenters include:
- Sarah McRae, US Fish and Wildlife Service – Fish & Mussels
- Jeff Hall, NC Wildlife Resources Commission – Salamanders
- Jeff Beane, NC State Museum of Natural Sciences – Reptiles
- Debbie Roos, NC Cooperative Extension – Pollinators
- Phil Bradley, NC Geological Survey – Geology
- Meredith Leight, Granite Springs Farm – Conservation Farming
- Leigh Ann Hammerbacher, Triangle Land Conservancy – CCP’s Conservation Planning Legacy
Presentations will be in the engaging Pecha Kucha style where presenters have 20 slides with 20 seconds per slide, for a five minute total presentation.
The event will feature a farm to table meal catered by Angelina’s Kitchen. Please make sure to select a vegetarian ticket if you want a meat free meal. Door prizes will also be given out.
Make sure to order your ticket by July 17th!